Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Video Bump: Design Club

Hey all,

Recently did a trip to Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs, which ate my blogging time in massive bites, but will probably provide a few reviews in the near future. Until then, I thought I'd use this week's Wednesday post to bump a series that Extra Credits is running this week in their Design Club playlist. They're doing a five day dungeon analysis of Durlag's Tower from Baldur's Gate.

Extra Credits is, in my experience, unique. Many gaming enthusiasts are willing to insist that games are art, but Extra Credits is the most visible group I know of that actually treat the games as art. That is: they put in the effort to create a school of academic criticism. Their analysis is always rich and well thought out, and so far, this series has upped the already high bar set in the series.

It's only Wednesday, so I can't speak for where the series is going, but given Extra Credits' history of strong content, and the quality of this series so far, I feel completely comfortable recommending this series.

Here's the link to the beginning of the series. Happy watching, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment